TERMS & CONDITIONS:
CALL FOR ENTRY
TERMS & CONDITIONS: CALL FOR ENTRY
1. Artist maintains copyright. Manifest Destiny Gallery makes no claim to copyright.
2. Submissions to Manifest Destiny Gallery must be made using the Open Call submission form on the website.
3. Cost for submission to Manifest Destiny Gallery may vary per show. Please make sure that you have checked over your images prior to uploading. The submission fees are non-refundable and you will be charged again for resubmission. Your submissions do not guarantee inclusion into a show. The decision to accept entries into a show is based solely on Manifest Destiny Gallery.
4. If your submission is accepted, we will ask you to send your artwork to Manifest Destiny Gallery for gallery exhibitions. Please do NOT send any works to the show prior to notification.
The exhibiting Artist is responsible for all applicable charges related to the preparation, packaging, insuring, and shipping/delivery of artwork to and from the gallery.
The Artist assumes all responsibility and holds Manifest Destiny Gallery harmless for any damages incurred during shipping. Return postage must be included with winning entries or they will become a donation to the gallery 30 days after the Opening Reception.
Please take care to ship your artwork carefully with padding and we will return it to you in the same box with the same padding. The return postage can be a label or a bill of lading from either FedEx, DHL, Etc. included with your artwork. You must complete all forms in their entirety to ensure that your works are properly returned. Failure to do so may result in your work becoming a donation to the gallery.
4A. If you have submitted to a Digital Installation, you will submit electronically High Resolution digital files for use in Gallery.
5. Manifest Destiny Gallery is not responsible or liable for damages to artwork or framing. Manifest Destiny Gallery will take exceptional care and attention to your artwork while it is in our care but we cannot accept liability.
6. All prints must be suitably framed (as per the Artist/Gallery agreement). Manifest Destiny Gallery reserves the right to refuse to hang artwork that is not presented in exhibition quality.
7. Please place a label on the back of your work with artist’s name, title, medium, and price.
If framed, please indicate glass or Plexiglas on back.
8. All accepted artwork must be delivered by at least 4 days before the art reception. Failure to adhere to these rules may exclude your work for the exhibition.
9. Manifest Destiny Gallery retains the right to represent an artist in a sale of the artwork that was represented and accepted in our gallery for the duration of the show. These works will become a part of our online exhibitions at the discretion of the gallery. If your works are sold through Manifest Destiny Gallery, the gallery will take the 30% commission.* Not for sale (NFS) artworks ARE acceptable, but we prefer that you provide works that can be sold. If you provide a work to the gallery that is NFS, please consider offering prints.
*In some special events commission structure may change.
10. Manifest Destiny Gallery reserves the right to refuse an entry which has been significantly misrepresented by its entry or if the juror finds the work unacceptable for any reason. Please avoid changing or altering works in Photoshop or other image editing programs. Please take care to color correct for any accuracy.
11. Any artwork that is not ready to hang* or be displayed, may be rejected for inclusion in the exhibition.
*Artwork that is to be hung: The only method we will accept is secure wire hanging. All artwork must be ready to hang from one wall fastener. No piece may exceed a weight of 35 pounds.
If your artwork is unframed and requires the use of other materials that involve the gallery staff to prepare your work and purchase supplies, an additional fee may be charged based on time. If an artist does not wish to pay for additional preparation, the artwork may be rejected.
12. All entrants grant Manifest Destiny Gallery the right to use or publish images of their work to promote the art exhibits, future call for entries, videos, or the art galleries, and educational purposes in perpetuity. Selected entries may be included in an online gallery, Facebook Page, Google+ page, ArtSlant Page, Artsy Page, blog or other social media sites, press release, or major magazine publication for the purpose of promoting the show.
13. All entries must be the original work of the entrant. The Submission: (a) is wholly original; (b) has been created solely by the Entrant listed in Submission on the Website; (c) has been legally obtained and/or created; (d) does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party or violate applicable laws, regulations or network standards. The entrants must be the sole owner of the copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained written permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 18 are featured. Artist is fully responsible to obtain all model or property releases.